Type of Tenancy Agreement

Most tenancy agreements will be an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST).  You can agree to a set period – known as a ‘fixed term’ – or you can leave it open. You need to agree with your tenant how long the tenancy will last and write it into the tenancy agreement before they move in.

Arrange a valuation

Arrange for a valuation to be carried out. Our considerable experience of valuing properties in this area gives us the expert knowledge needed to value your property accurately. We will provide you with comparable evidence of property values in the area. Our aim is to maximise the value of your property without giving you unrealistic expectations.

Choose an agent

It’s not always a straight forward decision choosing an agent, so here are 3 things to consider:
1. Is the agent’s valuation based on comparable evidence? Ours is
2. Is the agent a member of a professional regulatory body? We are
3. Does the agent advertise on all the main property websites? We do

(NB: some mortgage lenders will insist that you let your property through an agent who is a member of ARLA)

Presentation of property

Presentation is key to maximising interest in your property. Where necessary touch up the inside décor, clear any clutter, make sure the kitchen and bathroom are pristine, and make sure your property smells fresh. We will organise for one of our specialist photographers to come round, and full property details will be prepared.

Property Management 24/7

You may want to consider arranging for us to manage your property, giving you the peace of mind that your property is being cared for 24/7.

Our services include everything from reference and credit checks to collecting rent, and to dealing with emergency and routine maintenance issues.

You will also be provided with full access to your own property though our property portal that provides real time property information including statements, tenancies, certification etc in order for you to you quickly and efficiently access required information. See https://sebastianroche.propertyfile.co.uk/

Referencing of tenants

Once we’ve found a prospective tenant for you we will negotiate any offer on your behalf and give you a brief outline of who they are, where they work, when they want to move in and any conditions they may have. If you’re happy with what you’ve heard, we will then begin the referencing process. We only use accredited third party reference agencies who provide a full range of employment, landlord and credit checks.

Landlord responsibilities

As a landlord you will have various responsibilities, including providing a Gas Safety Certificate and an Energy Performance Certificate, repairing heating and hot water installations, and ensuring fire safety of any furniture that you supply. You will also be required to register your tenant’s deposit in a government approved scheme. We can arrange this for you.

Moving in

It is advisable to have an inventory or schedule of condition done, particularly if you are letting your property for the first time. We can arrange this for you.

Before your tenant moves in we will collect the deposit and the first rent payment on your behalf.  As soon as this money clears, your tenant can  move in.

Back to top